Team-DT is a Chartered Accountancy Practice with a difference, based in converted barns in a lovely rural setting in Wiltshire, just outside of Swindon, we have the pleasure to support over 2500 businesses. We specialise in supporting franchise networks, which accounts for roughly 75% of our partnered businesses, covering a myriad of sectors across the entire UK.
d&t offers businesses something few other firms can, with the ability to write business plans, broker finance agreements and complete core compliance with HMRC, d&t can support our Partners (Clients) through every step of their business. We strongly believe in providing the utmost Partner satisfaction and are looking for the right individuals to become part of the team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Senior Accountant who has a minimum 2 years’ experience working in practice. The successful candidate will be focussed with the ability to manage a portfolio of clients and meet weekly targets, reporting directly to the Head of Operations. This individual must also be able to review accounts and provide training to the junior members of the team.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Portfolio of Partner relationships
- The ability to effectively manage time, prioritise urgent work and consistently hit weekly targets
- Review work prepared by junior accountants
o Including training the junior accounts production team to ensure the quality of work and our core values are maintained
- Maintain high levels of support for all Partners via clear communication either on the phone or via email when this is not possible
- Identify new sales opportunities following these through to an agreed conclusion both internally and with Partner
- Preparation of:
o Annual financial statements
o Manage Accounts
o Quarterly VAT Returns
o Personal Tax and Partnership Returns
o Preparation of correspondence for submission to partners and HM Revenue and Customs
- Maintain a professional working relationship with both partners and the other staff members
Requirement and experience
- At least 2 years working in practice
- ACCA/ACA qualified OR qualified by experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability and confidence to have difficult discussions with Partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Xero and QuickBooks Online
- Understand the needs of both internal and external Partners, empathising with their pains and providing effective solutions to their problems
- Work well in a team, independently and on a remote basis